Facility Information

Important Cultural Property Memorial Museum of the Fifth High School (former main building of the Fifth Higher Middle School)

Other images

Construction of this building, which housed classrooms of the Fifth High School, began in February 1888 and continued for one and a half years until its completion in August 1889. It was built using brick and mortar, and its eaves and interior are adorned in the Western style. Architecture was overseen directly by the Ministry of Education, with the Ministry’s renowned architects Hanroku Yamaguchi and Masamichi Kuru in charge of design and construction. It is the oldest still-standing structure of this historic school.

Opening hours: 10:00-16:00(admission untli 15:30)
Closed: Mondays, other days depending on the circumstances


Digital Contents